Magnesium is a necessary mineral for a human being
Magnesium participates in over 300 chemical reactions in the body and it is one of the most important minerals in the body. Magnesium supports the normal function of muscles and the maintenance of normal bones.
Different magnesium compounds
Magnesium forms different compounds, such as magnesium citrate, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium oxide and various chelates. Different opinions exist on which of the forms is the best for a human being. Scientists and physicists generally recommend using different forms simultaneously. Out of the different magnesium compounds, magnesium citrate has been discovered to absorb the most efficiently.
Magnesium in nutrition
Magnesium is acquired from nutrition. Nuts, vegetables, whole grains, soy, kale and banana are particularly rich in magnesium. Healthy people who follow a diverse diet usually get enough of magnesium from foods but people who belong in risk groups or who exercise a lot should pay particular attention to their magnesium intake.
Magnesium can be used externally and internally. Magnesium foot baths, oils and sprays are examples of the external use of magnesium. Magnesium can also be used internally in the form of capsules and tablets.
Recommended daily intake of magnesium
- 375 mg of magnesium a day for men and boys over the age of 10
- 280 mg of magnesium a day for women and girls over the age of 10
The approved health claims of magnesium
- Magnesium helps to reduce fatigue and exhaustion
- Magnesium contributes to the balance of the electrolytes
- Magnesium contributes to normal energy metabolism
- Magnesium contributes to the normal function of the nervous system
- Magnesium contributes to the normal function of muscles
- Magnesium contributes to normal protein synthesis
- Magnesium contributes to normal psychological functions
- Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth
- Magnesium participates in the cell division process
Get to know our magnesium products!