I googled and pondered where else I could use the seeds besides in a traditional bread dough. After doing some research I discovered that they have successfully been used to prepare chicken nuggets. This was something I had to try!
These delicious gluten-free nuggets are not deep-fried. Instead, they are fried in the oven which keeps the nuggets crunchy.
The hemp seed nuggets have become a new favourite for me!
You will need:
- 400 g unseasoned organic chicken (I used chicken breasts from which I cut smaller nugget pieces)
- 1,5 dl hemp seeds
- 1,5 dl almond flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl olive oil
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces of the size and shape as you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ℃.
- Place a baking paper on a baking tray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. You can add spices as you prefer.
- Break the eggs into another bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the eggs and then roll them in the flour-seed mixture. Place the pieces on the baking tray.
- When you’re done with coating the chicken, brush them with olive oil. Cook them in the oven in 200 ℃ for about 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of the nuggets), until they reach a nice golden brown colour.
- Let them cool and enjoy with tzatziki or with a dip sauce, for example.