The muffins are made with almond flour so they are a perfect treat for those who follow a keto or a gluten-free diet. Apples and walnuts add extra flavor to the muffins. In case you have just started your keto diet and want to cut all possible carbs you can leave out the apples.
- 250 g almond flour
- 1 dl erythritol
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp psyllium
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 60 g melted butter or coconut oil
- 0,75 dl oat milk (or any milk of your preference)
- 1 small apple diced
- 50 g walnuts + 12 walnuts for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C and place muffin liners into a 12–cup muffin pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with mild heat and let the melted butter cool down.
- Mix the dry ingredients (almond powder, erythritol, cinnamon, baking powder, psyllium, vanilla powder and salt) together in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in another bowl and add the melted butter. Pour the mixture on the dry ingredients and mix until even.
- Dice the apple and the walnuts and add them to the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the muffin pan and place one walnut on top of each muffin. Bake the muffins in the oven for 25–30 minutes until the muffins reach a golden brown color. You can test whether the muffins are done with a toothpick: the muffins are done if no dough sticks to the toothpick.
- Enjoy the muffins with good coffee or tea!