This gluten-free bilberry-yoghurt cheesecake is a lighter version of the traditional cheesecake. This treat doesn’t need a special occasion to be enjoyed: I tend to eat is as a bit better snack or even for breakfast. The cake is full of protein, vitamins and antioxidants thanks to the wonderful superberries. Instead of sugar I used a bit of honey in the cake, just enough so that the fresh flavor of bilberries isn’t overridden by too much sweetness. The cake contains less energy thanks to natural yoghurt and fat-free quark – though I also added a bit of double cream to get a softer texture to the cake ;). Instead of cookies, the crust is made with gluten-free granola and dates.
By the way, if you only have access to frozen bilberries or blueberries don’t hesitate to use them in the cake – the end result will be just as delicious. :)
- 2,5 dl gluten-free granola
- 120 g soft dates
- 250 g bilberries
- 2 dl natural yoghurt
- 250 g fat-free quark
- ½ dl honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2 dl double cream
- 5 gelatin sheets
e.g. fresh bilberries, granola, grated raw chocolate, Biokia white chocolate bilberries or shredded coconut
How to prepare:
- Line a 20 cm springform tin with baking paper and grease the sides of the tin with oil.
- Crush the granola and dates in a blender until the paste is smooth. Press the paste onto the bottom of the tin and put the tin in a fridge.
- Put the gelatins in a bowl of cold water to soak for 10 minutes.
- Mash the blueberries with a hand blender and put 0,5 dl of the mashed blueberries aside. Mix yoghurt, quark, honey and vanilla sugar with the mashed blueberries.
- Whip the double cream and put it aside.
- Heat the mashed blueberries which you put aside on the stove. Wring the gelatins carefully to remove excess water, add them to the hot blueberries and stir until dissolved. Pour the gelatin mixture into the blueberry-yoghurt filling while whisking. Carefully mix the whipped cream to the mixture.
- Pour the filling on the crust and put it to the fridge to set overnight.
- Decorate the cake as you please and enjoy!