INARI Arctic Beauty is a Nordic natural luxury skincare brand focused on demanding anti-age skincare. As the name suggests, the home of the brand is in the pristine area in the Finnish Lapland called Inari. The INARI skincare products are based on exceptionally potent and nutritious organic raw ingredients that come from the pure nature of Inari. These Arctic ingredients are combined with high-class skincare technologies to create unique and highly effective products.
The story of INARI Arctic Beauty begins from the wilds of Lapland
The roots of the brand are in Inari, a sparsely populated and largely untouched area in the northernmost corner of the Finnish Lapland, located in the Arctic Circle. The area is known for its stunning and pure nature, the gorgeous lake Inari and picturesque little villages. The area is free from industrialization and the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared its air to be among the cleanest in the world. Here in the Arctic wilderness, enduring the extremes of the harsh climate, grow many nutritious plants and berries. These plants have an essential role in the lives of the locals.
The calm beauty of the lake Inari.
Sirkku Hahn, the founder of INARI Arctic Beauty, was born in the North of Finland. She was raised in the local way of life which is founded on deep respect for nature and living off the land. Like in many families in the North, Sirkku’s family had a deep knowledge of the healing properties of the local plants. She would go picking fresh berries with her family in the summer which would later be used to make juices that would help them through winters and flu seasons, thanks to their great vitamin and antioxidant content.
Later when Sirkku had already moved to Germany and was visiting her childhood home in Lapland, she had an idea. She would utilize the same Arctic plants and berries which were a big part of her childhood to create a unique natural cosmetics product line. She was already working in the cosmetics industry in Germany so she knew how biotechnology could be combined with the Arctic plants – and also what kind of features customers were looking for from their cosmetics products. She knew that some of the world’s most effective ingredients come from the Nordic nature, nurtured by the clean air, ground and water.
She contacted Nina Stenberg, who also shares the same deep respect for the Finnish nature, to help to make her vision come to life. Together they set out to help women all over the world to feel good in their skin with the help of the Arctic plants. The brand’s motto "True to its wilderness" reflects their soulscape, the untouched Finnish wilderness where you can truly feel the healing powers of nature.
The harsh nature gives exceptionally effective ingredients
The plants and berries used in the INARI products grow under extreme conditions in Arctic nature. In the north the winters are long and dark and summers short yet full of light, thanks to the Midnight sun which provides sunlight 24 hours a day from May to August. In the summer the Arctic plants absorb as much sunlight, energy and nutrients as possible to survive the harsh winter, which makes them grow fiercely during the summer months. This is why the plants and berries also grow extremely rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, as it helps them to protect themselves against the long winter. The Arctic plants have proven to be extremely useful consumed internally as well as externally in skincare products.
The INARI skincare line is based on six plants grown in Northern Finland which INARI has named as Arctic blend. Arctic blend contains the following plants and berries:
- Chaga mushroom grows on birch trees in colder climates. Chaga is a superior source of antioxidants. It also contains betulin which is known for its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Roseroot, also known as the ginseng of the North, contains plenty of flavonoids which function as antioxidants.
- Pine bark extract is also rich in strong antioxidants. Pine bark extract products are very popular in the North, proving that it is one of the most valued ingredients the Nordic nature has to offer.
- Bilberry, the smaller and tastier cousin of blueberry, contains plenty of flavonoids with powerful antioxidant effects which help to protect the cells from damage caused by sun exposure, pollution and aging.
- Lingonberry is a tart berry which contains vitamin E and alpha linoleic acid, a fatty acid important for the skin.
- Cloudberry is an amber-colored berry which grows in swamps. Cloudberry is particularly rich in vitamins C and E.
Cloudberry is the most expensive and valued wild berry in Finland.
The effectiveness of the INARI products is based on the high antioxidant level of the Arctic blend. As seen above, Arctic blend contains a great amount of antioxidants which help to protect the skin from free radicals, prevent the signs of aging and boost the synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid which keeps the skin soft and smooth.
The INARI Arctic Beauty skincare line includes the following products:
- INARI Arctic Beauty Water Cream: light yet highly moisturizing day cream ideal for oily skin
- INARI Arctic Beauty Rejuvenating Eye Cream: instantly lifts the eye area and reduces dark circles, for all skin types
- INARI Arctic Beauty Sleeping Cream: nourishing and repairing night cream for all skin types
- INARI Arctic Beauty Moisture Boost: nourishing moisturizer for all skin types
- INARI Arctic Beauty Lifting Serum: renewing lightweight facial serum which helps to diminish signs of ageing, for all skin types
- INARI Arctic Beauty Hydration Cleanser: balancing cleansing emulsion for all skin types
INARI recently relaunched its product line with a new packaging design for the six products, further reflecting its values and identity. The new outer packaging is made of 100 % recycled paper and comes in dark colors, presenting a contrast to the white product bottles. The contrasting colors are inspired by the mystical and wild Nordic nature, where the roots of the brand lie.
The INARI Arctic Beauty products are now available in our selection for everyone who wishes to feel the healing power of the Finnish nature. Get to know the selection here!