Folate – Vitamin B6 and B12 – Magnesium tablet for the well-being of heart and to boost homocysteine metabolism. Includes Quatrefolic® L-methylfolate – the bioactive form of folic acid.
- Free from lactose, yeast, sweeteners and gluten
- Suitable for vegans
- Made in Finland
1 tablet per day.
The recommended daily intake must not be exceeded. The supplement does not replace versatile diet or healthy life habits. The product must be kept out of reach of children.
- Enzymatic disturbances (inheritable) or lack in vitamin intake (folic acid, vitamin B6 and B12) can lead to increased homocysteine levels.
- Clinical studies have shown that increased homocysteine levels have a clear causal connection to different disorders in peripheral blood circulation, in brain bloodstream and in cardiovascular diseases.
- Several studies indicate that an increased homocysteine level may cause excessive oxygenation of LDL cholesterol, modifies coagulation factors and increases the aggregation of blood platelets.
- Sufficient intake of folic acid, vitamin B6 and B12 decreases high levels of blood serum homocysteine thus may help preventing fatal coronary diseases and strokes.
- Men over 30 years old and women past their menopause are exposed to increased homocysteine levels (> 9 mmol/l).
- The Quatrefolic® folate in Cardiosan is the most bioactive form of folic acid (L-methylfolate), which acts directly in body and doesn’t need enzymatic action to transform it into biologically active form. Folate contributes to normal amino acid synthesis and to normal blood formation. It also participates in the process of cell division, contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.