Pycnogenol Strong 40 mg
Pine bark extract tablet.
- Pycnogenol originates from the bark of the French maritime pine.
- Pycnogenol contains a standardised amount of bioflavonoids and organic acids. For over 35 years it’s been proven safe and effective in hundreds of research studies at clinics and universities all over the world.
- Oxidation by free radicals is believed to be a cause of cell damage associated with ageing. Daily supplementation with Pycnogenol helps to protect against oxidation and aids circulation.
For the first week 2 tablets twice a day, then 2 tablets per day.
- Heart health: Pycnogenol helps to maintain healthy circulation by increasing vasodilation and consequently improving blood flow. Pycnogenol has been shown to reduce swollen legs and feet. It also helps to make blood platelets more “slippery”, helping to reduce the incidence of blood clots, the principal cause of heart attacks. Pycnogenol achieves this by enhancing production of vascular nitric oxide (NO). A recent clinical study at the University of Texas demonstrated that Pycnogenol is also a natural way to maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Healthy skin: Pycnogenol binds with collagen and elastin, and protects skin from various harmful enzymes, and also helps skin to rebuild elasticity, essential for a smooth, younger look. By neutralising free radicals, Pycnogenol has been shown to help slow and even reverse skin damage caused by sunburn, which is basically an inflammation caused by free radicals.
- Blood glucose: Pycnogenol may help in alleviating symptoms caused by diabetes in various ways. More than half the people suffering from diabetes will develop retinopathy, an eye disease caused by capillaries leaking blood into the retina. Clinical studies have demonstrated that Pycnogenol helps to seal leaky capillaries in the eye. Pycnogenol has also been shown to help in maintaining healthy blood glucose levels in people with type II diabetes.
- PMS relief: Pycnogenol has been shown to repair blood vessels and reduce inflammation occurring during the menstrual period. Studies have documented that Pycnogenol soothes the discomfort associated with the menstrual cycle, such as anxiety, fatigue, bloating and breast tenderness. Pycnogenol was found to be most effective for alleviating the cramping pain sensation.
- Lung health: Two clinical studies have shown that Pycnogenol improves the breathing ability of asthmatics. Pycnogenol also acts as anti-histamine as it inhibits the release of histamines, helping to prevent triggers for allergic reactions.